Saturday, January 22, 2011

I could make 10 of these

I have been sewing like crazy because my daughter's been home sick and we haven't been leaving the house. I made her this little vest/tunic thing and she loves it (sorry for the bad pictures). Whew....we have seriously been having some issues around her wearing the stuff I make. The conflict usually ends with me saying something ridiculous like "Well, I guess I just won't be sewing things for you any more," which we both know is absurd, especially given how much money I have invested in Oliver & S patterns. In any case, I am working on a less flowery version of this inspired by the colors of valentine's day. I am also trying to figure out how to make one of these for me without looking too maternity or needing darts. I spend crazy amounts of my day thinking about such things (darts, fabric, drape, and will it work with my new Frye boots!).

No comments: